There may be a time when you are experiencing a significantly slower connection to the WiFi network. If you are running into this, you can try these steps to help encourage your computer to a faster, more reliable connection. (These steps should work for Windows 7 and later.) Please note that speeds are usually significantly slower the first few weeks of the fall semester when everyone returns to campus.
- On right side of taskbar > Right-click on network icon
- Choose Open Network and Sharing Center
- Select Change adapter settings
- Find your Wi-Fi connection (your connections will differ)
- Right-click, Properties > Configure > Preferred Band to 5.0GHz
- Click OK