Here is a quick video on how to use Google Meet and the various ways in which you can set up a meeting. Please note that you must be logged into your @daemen.edu email account in order to use this function.
For more information on Google Meet, please visit Google’s Learning Center page.
Google Meet premium features have been extended from July 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
Extension of access to premium Meet features
In order to support ongoing needs due to school closures, we’ve extended your access to the following premium Meet features for all G Suite for Education users until September 30, 2020:
- Increased participant limit of 250 participants per video call
- Live stream a video call (up to 100,000 viewers within a domain)
- Record a video call
Improvements to Google Meet for distance learning
New features to help schools keep meetings safe
We’re also rolling out additional features to all G Suite for Education and G Suite Enterprise for Education users to improve remote learning experiences:
- Only meeting creators and calendar owners can mute or remove other participants. This ensures that instructors can’t be removed or muted by student participants.
- Only meeting creators and calendar owners can approve requests to join made by external participants. This means that students can’t allow external participants to join via video and that external participants can’t join before the instructor.
- Meeting participants can’t rejoin nicknamed meetings once the final participant has left, unless they have meeting creation privileges to start a new meeting. This means if the instructor is the last person to leave a nicknamed meeting, students can’t join again until an instructor restarts the nicknamed meeting.
How Meet keeps your video conferences protected
Google is committed to building products that help protect student and educator privacy, and provide best-in-class security for your institution. Our default-on measures help keep your meetings secure, including:
- Encrypting all data in transit by default between the client and Google for video meetings on a web browser, on the Android and iOS apps, and in meeting rooms with Google meeting room hardware.
- Supporting compliance requirements around regulations including COPPA, FERPA, GDPR, and HIPAA.
- Making it difficult to guess the ID of a meeting and make an unauthorized attempt to join it by using codes that are 10 characters long, with 25 characters in the set.
- Leveraging Google Cloud’s defense-in-depth approach to security, which utilizes the built-in protections and global-private network that Google uses to secure your information and safeguard your privacy.