Wrapping up your Blackboard Course
Last Week of the Course
- Celebrate semester accomplishments
Post an end-of-semester announcement or send a course message to wrap up the course. Include a final request to complete the End of Semester Evaluation. Celebrate! You and your students have worked hard this semester. Let them know that you appreciate their participation.
- Portfolio Reminders (if applicable)
Remind students that their access to the course may be ending and that they should make backup copies of any coursework they may need in the future, particularly if they are in a program with a Portfolio requirement.
After the Course Ends
- Submit Final Grades
Submit your final grades for the course via MyDaemen → Self Services.
After the Grading Window
- Export/Archive Your Blackboard Course (optional)
While courses are currently stored on Blackboard indefinitely, that may not always be the case. Instructors are able to Export and Archive their courses to download and keep a backup of the course content. You can import your course package into a future course for reuse.
- Set Course Availability (recommended)
Set your course availability as desired once the semester has ended. You may elect to make the course unavailable to students or mark a course complete.
Preparing for the Upcoming Semester
- Request a Blackboard Course
Complete the Blackboard Course Request form to have a section created for you on Blackboard. See the Faculty User Guide if you are unsure how to do this.
- Pre-semester Procedures
View the entire Pre-semester Procedures document to help you prepare for the upcoming semester.
- Instructional Design support: ID@daemen.edu
- Daemen Blackboard Support: Blackboard@daemen.edu
- Blackboard Help – Faculty
- Blackboard Help – Student
- IT Helpdesk
- SMART Squad Technical Support